Vitatree Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 100 Capsules contain Evening Primrose Oil (EPO), which is extracted from the seeds of evening primrose flowers. EPO is rich in the omega-6 essential fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid that has been used to treat almost everything, including female reproductive tissues, blood channels, the respiratory passages, and the nervous system. In fact, generations have been using primrose oil for centuries for its beauty and health benefits.
Research shows that women with PMS may have low levels of GLA. However, as the human body cannot produce synthesized linoleic acid and it is therefore important that they should be obtained through diet or supplementation. The GLA in EPO helps the body to produce beneficial prostaglandins which assist in the balancing of a woman's hormonal system giving relief from the symptoms of PMS. It was found that EPO can relatively reduce the risk of breast pain, endometriosis, and symptoms of menopause.
Using EPO during pregnancy might help to prevent high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia), shorten labour, start labour, and prevent late deliveries. GLA in the EPO can help to maintain the appearance of healthy skin and can help assist with dryness and itching associated with mild skin conditions. EPO might help relieve symptoms of notoriously difficult-to-treat and painful skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema through ingestion.
PACKAGING: 100 Capsules
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:
- Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 1 g (1000 mg) Equiv. gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) 100 mg
- No added yeast, starch, gluten, lactose, egg or dairy products, artificial sweeteners, artificial colourant, artificial flavours or preservatives.
- Dosage: Take 1 capsule daily, with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Warning: Do not use if the cap seal is missing, torn, or broken. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, please consult a healthcare professional.
- Storage: In a dry place away from direct sunlight.